Catholic Charities strives to provide quality, effective and efficient services to all who present a need. We serve all – more than 50% of those who specify are non-Catholic.
Quality service is our mission and vision. Our range of programs is testament to an innovative and progressive agency, and to the number of partner and funding organizations that value our services, delivered by a professional, caring and compassionate staff.
We offer a network of programs:
- Emergency assistance, food pantries
- Counseling for families and individuals
- GED education and job readiness programs
- Foster care and adoption
- Marriage counseling
- School-based services to remove learning barriers for students
- Substance abuse treatment
- Therapeutic supervised visitation
- Older adult social day program
- Intensive, family-focused therapy for adolescents
- Intensive case management and care coordination for older adults
- Immigration and refugee assistance
- Respite for caregivers
- Mental health and behavioral health services for children and adults
- Nutrition Services - WIC
Each year, we assist tens of thousands of people of all ages, races and religions. Providing the most comprehensive human services reaching the eight counties of Western New York, our programs are effective.
We are accredited by the Council on Accreditation, attesting to adherence to highest professional national standards and delivery of the best quality services.
We are efficient. For every $1 donated, Catholic Charities is able to leverage $3 from other funding sources. We are ranked a four-star charity by Charity Navigator, non-profit charity evaluator, for financial health, accountability and transparency. Catholic Charities is an excellent example of efficient stewardship.
Catholic Charities of Buffalo strives to empower individuals, children and families to achieve and maintain meaningful, healthy and productive lives within their communities. We advocate for those in need – particularly those who are poor and most vulnerable.