Your generosity helps others find hope. In giving to the 2022 Appeal, your gift helps support the following programs and services:
- Basic Needs: Food, clothing, homelessness prevention and re-housing, and dental care
- Care Coordination Services: Community Health Worker and Health Home Care Management
- Chemical Dependency Treatment & Support for adults in Erie County
- Counseling: family, group and individual counseling for children, teenagers and adults
- Mental Health: mental health treatment for children in Niagara County and for children and adults in Erie County
- Domestic Violence Services: For victims and their families, and for offenders
- Family & Parent Resources: court-ordered programs, multisystemic therapy, parenting programs, preventive services, WIC nutrition program
- Immigration & Refugee Assistance
- Parish Outreach & Advocacy: Nine food pantries and outreach centers, Guild for the Blind, Ladies of Charity outreach and thrift store, Telephone Assurance Program
- Older Adult Services: Phone/visitation programs for socially isolated adults, Foster Grandparent Program, case management and service coordination
- School Based Services: In-School Social Work Program, Closing the Gap
- Workforce and Education Services: Education, job readiness, high school equivalency preparation and classes for youth and adults in Niagara and Erie Counties
Fund for the Faith
- Campus Ministry – provides spiritual and vocational support, faith formation and sacraments at public colleges and universities throughout the Diocese.
- Catholic Education – provides leadership, direction, support services and curriculum development for Faith Formation programs and the Catholic elementary and high schools within the Diocese.
- Communications – develops and maintains content for the Diocesan website, social media posts and the digital WNY Catholic. Provides public interface for television, radio and newspaper outlets.
- Cultural Diversity – identifies ways for the entire Church to celebrate it rich ethnic tapestry, celebrating diversity as strength of our Faith.
- Deaf Ministry – provides support for hearing impaired individuals including sign language at various worship services.
- Diocesan Counseling Center – services the psychological and spiritual needs of our priests.
- Diocesan & Parish Spiritual Renewal – address the re-vitalization of our Diocese and parishes within it as they address the catechesis of our people.
- Formation of Priest & Deacons – assists those discerning a vocation and provides opportunities for ongoing spiritual renewal, faith enrichment and retreats for those ordained.
- St. Gianna Molla Pregnancy Outreach Center
- Hospital Chaplaincy – brings spiritual comfort and the sacraments to the sick and infirmed
- Marriage Prep – provides education and guidance for couples preparing for marriage.
- Mother Teresa Home
- Pro-Life: The St. Gianna Molla Pregnancy Outreach Center & The Mother Teresa Home – develops awareness and advocacy for the sacredness and sanctity of life in all stages, from the womb until natural death.
- Seminarian Training – provides academic and theological education for our future priests.
- Vicars for Priests – promotes the personal and ministerial well-being of both active and retired priests and religious of our diocese.